Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wed-XIV. Wagner Isolde Liebestod love death with Juyeon Song

0
I would like to conclude Wagnerian Wednesday with the newest Liebestod on the horizon: a rising Korean star named Juyeon Song who is not even a Wikipedia entry yet! She's on Facebook, though, which I find rather intimate and homey. Art is eternal and I find it exciting to ponder what new soprano star is about to rise and become the next legend. This is a very beautiful version of the Liebestod and the voice of a new part of the world which is making Western classical music its own!

BACK///O///LYRICS///O///DIVA INDEX///O///NEXT///O///

Tomorrow we cross the gender divide into Tenor Thursday. The Male Voice has quite an interesting story in the History of opera. We'll start our program with altos and the notorious castrati of the seventeeth century. We will see how the dramatic tenor eventually replaced the castrato in the late eighteenth century. Then we will compare and contrast the great tenors of our day, starting with Caruso and continuing through a parade of famous tenors to the ones we know so well, the three tenors Pavarotti, Carreras, and Domingo. We will end our Thursday program with the promising stars in the new Millenium. Join me tomorrow in this week-long celebration of voices!

Thank you again for visiting my blog and Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much VIlhiamas for your posting of my creation of not only the video story but training the voice of Juyeon Song to sing that and more. You can see a number of my Tristan clips on my Tantris3 channel or my web site claudeheater.com
    Your blog is absolutely marvelous. You must have spent countless months on it with loving care...you are the first blogger that I have joined. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Claude, your inspiring words fuel my passion to continue blogging. I am not as regular as I ought to be, but that is going to change, thanks to you! This August I plan to start up my daily voice parade. So look for my Heldentenor Tuesday, which will be dedicated to you!

    ReplyDelete