Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thu-VI. Franco Corelli sings Celeste Aida plus LYRICS

o
Here is Franco Corelli singing "Celeste Aida". This is the version that first comes to my mind when I think of the aria. Enjoy!

Here are the lyrics to "Celeste Aida"

CELESTE AIDA by Giuseppe Verdi

Italian Text
Se quel guerrier
Io fossi! se il mio sogno
S'avverasse!... Un esercito di prodi
Da me guidato... e la vittoria... e il plauso
Di Menfi tutta! E a te, mia dolce Aida,
Tornar di lauri cinto...
Dirti: per te ho pugnato, per to ho vinto!
Celeste Aida, forma divina.
Mistico serto di luce e fior,
Del mio pensiero tu sei regina,
Tu di mia vita sei lo splendor.
Il tuo bel cielo vorrei redarti,
Le dolci brezze del patrio suol;
Un regal serta sul crin posarti,
Ergerti un trono vicino al sol.

English Translation

If only I were that warrior!

If only my dream might come true!

An army of brave men with me as their leader

And victory and the applause of all Memphis!

And to you, my sweet Aida,

To return crowned with laurels,

To tell you: for you I have fought,

For you I have conquered!

Heavenly Aida, divine form,

Mystical garland of light and flowers,

You are queen of my thoughts,

You are the splendour of my life.

I want to give you back your beautiful sky,

The sweet breezes of your native land,

To place a royal garland on your hair,
To raise you a throne next to the sun.


///O///BACK ///O///LYRICS ///O/// NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment